Den här artikeln finns även på Svenska
If you want to use Office 365 to handle email for you domain name there are a couple of things you have to do before it will work. First you have to log in to cPanel, we have a guide here that shows you how to do that. When you have logged in you can follow the instructions below.
Before you can redirect your emails towards Office 3Microsofts documentation65, Microsoft needs you to verify that you are the owner of the domain name. To do this verification you have to add a TXT record that holds a unique value that you got from Microsoft.
- To add a TXT record you have to click on
- Click on
Manageto the right of the domain name you want to create the record for. You should have been given information from Microsoft regarding what your TXT record should contain. The content will be unique for each user and therefore it is impossible for us to give you the value.
- When you know what your TXT record should contain you can create a new record by clicking on the button
TXTin the column
Type, in the column called
Nameyou need to type in your domain name (for instance example.se) and set the TTL to 3600. In the last column,
Record, you need to enter the value you got from Microsoft, it should use the format
- When you have verified that you own the domain name by following the instructions above you have to create the MX records that are required for Office 365. To do this you need to click on
Zone Editorin cPanel, if you haven’t done that already. If you are unsure how to do this you can follow the steps 1-2 in the chapter about TXT records.
- Now you have to find and delete all existing MX records, you will create new MX records in the next step. Click on
Deleteon the right for all DNS records that are of the type MX.
- To create a new MX record you have to click on the button
- Then choose
MXas the type, priority should be set to 0 and what you should use as destination you have to get from Microsoft. Save the new DNS record when you are finished.
- Now you have to go back to cPanels main page so you can click on
- If you get a question regarding which domain you want to redirect you have to choose the domain name you want to use with Office 365.
- You should now see a page with four options, you need to choose the option called
Remote Mail Exchanger. When you have done that, click on
- To add the four CNAME:s that Office 365 require you have to open the Zone Editor in cPanel, if you haven’t done that already. If you don’t know how to do it you can follow steps 1-2 in the chapter about TXT records.
- To add a new CNAME record you have to click on the
- Create four CNAME:s with the following values:
Name: TTL: Type: Record: autodiscover.exempel.se. 3600 CNAME autodiscover.outlook.com lyncdiscover.exempel.se. 3600 CNAME webdir.online.lync.com msoid.exempel.se. 3600 CNAME clientconfig.microsoftonline-p.net sip.exempel.se. 3600 CNAME sipdir.online.lync.com
- If you are going to use MDM (Mobile Device Management) you have to add two more CNAME:s according to the Microsoft documentation.
- You have to add two SRV records as well, you add these records in the Zone Editor in cPanel. If you don’t know how to find the Zone editor you can follow steps 1-2 in the chapter about TXT records.
- To create a new DNS record you have to click on the
- Create two DNS records and type in the following information in each field.
Name: TTL: Type: Priority: _sip._tls.exempel.se 3600 SRV 100 _sipfederationtls._tcp.exempel.se 3600 SRV 100 Name: Weight: Port: Target: _sip._tls.exempel.se 1 443 sipdir.online.lync.com _sipfederationtls._tcp.exempel.se 1 5061 sipfed.online.lync.com
- This is what it should look like when it is finished. You can read more about SRV records in Microsofts documentation.
You also need to include Microsofts mail server in your SPF record. If you do not already have a SPF record you can start by creating one.
When you have activated SPF you need to do the following: