Den här artikeln finns även på Svenska
Installing WordPress (and a whole lot of other platforms) is a very simple task using our one click installer Softaculous, available via cPanel for your web hosting account.
- Begin by logging on to cPanel.
- Find the icon
Softaculous Apps Installerunder the category
- Once you’ve entered Softaculous, find
WordPress. You should see it as a big icon on the middle of the screen, among the most installed platforms.
You may also search for
wordpressusing the search box in the top left:
- When you hover your mouse cursor over WordPress, you will see a few buttons (see below), click
- On the following page you get to customise your WordPress installation.
- First, select the
versionof WordPress you wish to install. If you do not have any specific requirements (e.g. from a plugin you want to use that requires an older version), select the highest version number.
Choose Protocol, select
https://if you have an SSL certificate for your domain. A certificate should be available since all our web hosting servers run a function called AutoSSL. You could also issue a certificate using Let’s Encrypt.
- Then choose the domain you want to install WordPress on under
In Directory, you may choose a folder on the domain where WordPress should be installed. E.g. if you want to install WordPress under
wpin the field.
- Then enter a
Site Nameand a
- Now, select an
Admin Usernamefor the site administrator. The suggested name “admin” is often a poor choice from a security point of view, since it makes it easier for hackers to breach the site.
- Select a strong
Admin Passwordfor the admin user, and enter an
- Then choose a language for the WordPress installation. English is the default, but a variety of languages are available. Of course you may change the language later.
- Once you’re done with the selections, click
Installto let Softaculous install WordPress for you.
- When the installation is completed, you will end up on a page where you will see a URL that takes you directly to the login page for WordPress Admin of the newly installed website. You use the credentials you chose above for logging in.
If you need further help with WordPress once you’ve installed it, there are lots and lots of resources available online. The primary source of knowledge is WordPress Codex, the official manual.