Den här artikeln finns även på Svenska
Finding the File Manger
- Login to cPanel.
- Click on
Upload a file
- Navigate to the folder to which you want to upload the file.
- Click on
Uploadin the menu bar at the top of the page.
Download a file
- Navigate to the file and then select it by clicking on it.
- Then click on
Downloadin the menu at the top of the page.
Download a folder or multiple files
- Select all the files and/or folders you wish to download by clicking on them. If you are on Windows you need to hold down CTRL (CMD on Mac) to select multiple files.
Compressin the menu at the top of the page.
- You can now choose which file format you want the archive to use. If you are uncertain of what to use you can choose zip. At the bottom of the box you can see a text field which shows where the compressed file will be saved. If you want to you can change this path.
- Click on
Compress File(s). This can take a while depending on how many files/folders you have selected.
- Find the location where you saved the archive and download it in the same way as If you want to download a file.
Rename a file or folder
- Select the file or folder you wish to rename and click the
- In the popup that appears, enter the new name for the file/folder and save with the
Edit a file
- Select the file you want to edit and click the
- In the popup that appears, click the
Editbuttom by the bottom right. If you used a specific character encoding when creating the file (or when you edited it earlier), change from UTF-8 to the correct one. Don’t change it if you haven’t set any other encoding manually earlier.
- When you’re done editing, don’t forget to click
Save changesin the top right. If you don’t wish to save anything, you can click
- To delete a file or a folder, start by clicking on it to select it. Then click the
Deletebutton in the top menu.
- In the popup that appears you get to confirm that the file/folder should be deleted. You also get to select if the items should be moved to trash or deleted permanently. Click
Confirmto delete the items.
Empty the trash
- When you delete files from the File Manager, they end up in Trash by default (unless you tick the checkbox indicating that Trash should be skipped). To browse the trashed files, click
View Trashin the top menu.
- To permanently delete all files and folders in Trash, click the
Empty Trashbutton. Please note that this button only is clickable if you’ve already clicked
Show hidden files
- To be able to see hidden files in the File Manager you need to click on
Settingsin the top right corner.
- Select the option
Show Hidden Files (dotfiles).
- The File Manager should now reload after which you should be able to see all files and folders that starts with a period.
- Right click on the file or folder you wish to edit permissions for and then click on
- Select the permissions that you want to set for the file or folder. Default for files are 644 and 755 for folders.
- Click on
Change Permissionswhen you are done.
- Click the file you want to extract.
- Then click
Extractin the top menu.
- Now you get the possibility to select to which folder to extract the file to. By default the files will be extracted to the same folder where your compressed file resides in.
Extract filesto start the extraction.