Den här artikeln finns även på: Svenska
Sometimes we need to get in touch with you as a customer in a faster way than email offers, and in those cases we send an SMS text message as a complement to the email.
Currently, we send these messages via SMS if you have an unpaid invoice where a second or third reminder is sent – all in the hopes that you won’t have your service shut down or your domain name expire.
If you don’t want this type of SMS from us, you can switch it off. We describe how later in this guide.
Examples of SMS messages sent by us
When you receive an SMS from us, it may look like this:
Managing recipient numbers for SMS
You can adjust the phone number to which SMS messages from us are sent, as well as completely switch off SMS reminders if you don’t want them. You can do this via the Client area of our website by following these steps:
- Begin by logging on to the Client area.
My detailsin the menu to the left.
- Scroll down until you find
Mobile number for SMS.
Here you can enter the phone number to which you want to receive SMS messages from us.
- Don’t forget to click the
Save Changesbutton at the bottom when you are done.
Did you receive an incorrect SMS from us?
If you should receive an incorrect SMS from us (for example, if you have no outstanding invoices or are not even a customer of ours), it could be due to a few different reasons, such as:
- A client has previously had your mobile phone number, cancelled that contract, and you have now taken over the phone number. (Operators reuse numbers, although there is usually a long time between different contract holders using the same number).
- A client has entered a digit or two incorrectly when entering the telephone number.
- The number may have belonged to a former employee of a company. The company has since cancelled the subscription and the number has been released, so you ended up with it.
No matter the reason why you have received an SMS from us, even if you are not a client or similar, we can arrange for you to stop receiving SMS from us. Contact our support and we will take it from there.