Den här artikeln finns även på: Svenska
If you have a WordPress installation on your account that has not been installed via Softaculous, you can import the installation at any moment. By doing so you can benefit from all the features Softaculous gives, such as automatic updates. To import an installation, follow these steps:
- Begin by logging on to cPanel.
- Click the icon
Softaculous Apps Installerunder
- Use the search field to find the software you wish to import, in this case WordPress.
- After clicking the software you wish to import, you’ll find
Importto the right in the menu on the top.
- Make sure that you’re on the
From This Servertab and enter the required information into Softaculous, mainly regarding where the installation resides on your account.
- First, select if the website uses SSL or not, and whether www is used or not. If you have a SSL certificate for your site, use https. If you do not know if the website uses www or not, just visit it in your browser and check the address bar.
- Then select the domain the website uses.
- If your website is placed in a folder, e.g.
testin the field
In Directory. On the other hand, if the website is available directly on the domain, leave the field empty.
Importwhen you’re done.
- Once the import is finished, you’ll be able to see the installation under
All installationsby the top right.